Sunday, January 6, 2013

Elder Joshua Griffin: Wild Animal Encounters

Apa khabar kau?
Okay, maaf, I don't have a lot of time, but I have pics so that's okay. Here we go. 

Me and Elder Schuetz went to a Kampung to teach a guy, but we ended up going tracting because he wasn't home. So as we were walking, we met a dog. The dog was pretty mean, to say the least. He stopped and got low, then started growling. Me and my comp were like, "Okay, this isn't very good." So we start taking off our backpacks just in case he attacks us. And the we hear more growling and we look and there are like 3 more dogs. So me and my comp are like, "okay, this really isn't good." And then they charged. And these were big dogs too, like German Shepherd big. So me and my comp take off our packs and are ready to beat them down, and they just totally stop charging and back WAY up. Turns out, dogs in this country are abused, and they tend to attack white people, but all you have to do is take of your backpack and then you're okay! So no harm yet! 

And then, more animal encounters. We met a group of monkeys, which I will send pictures of, when we were walking to the Senior Couples house. They were playing around and then one of them got mad and started baring his teeth, which isn't good, so we went away, but I got some pics, so you will see them. I love my mission!

Me and my comp. went to a beach party with the ward. Unfortunately, no pictures, but it was fun. We were cutting coconuts down from the palm trees and eating them, so that was legit. And also I at corn/durian/yam ice-cream. Nasty, and needless to say, after I ate it, I got diarrhea. and so I go into the tandas to go and once I'm done, I need to use a hose, because they had not toilet paper. but, as luck would have it, the hose water pressure didn't work, so, I used my hand. And I had diarrhea, so you can do the math..... needless to say, I washed my hands well!

I also ate squid and lizard. The lizard is called Biawak, but it's a moniter lizard and it was SO GOOD! It was probably 10 or 8 feet long, and we at a chunk so that was really good. The squid...you couldn't really taste it that much.

So, our investigator Jamiah, found out that we could Skype-teach her, so we have been doing that! She's getting baptized on Saturday, so we're way excited! But some bad news.....we dropped Chris. He was progressing too slow and not keeping his commitments. It was hard, and sad, but we think that he will come back. He knows it's true. He just is confused right now, but the Lord will help him, I know that for sure. And we did get a new investigator, Rita. But she doesn't seem too interested, so we'll see how that goes! 

Well, I will send some pictures. And sorry for the lack of details, I'm almost out of time. Let me know how life is at home!

Zack, congrats on getting your eagle! And I'm going to send some sugared durian home for you to share, but I'm telling you, even sugared durian isn't the best, but you need to eat it okay? 

Lauren and Kamryn, I hoped you liked the JB concert. I wanted to go. I just lied to you.

Caden and Cooper: I want pics of you, becuase I miss you and love you! 

Jumpa Lagi, bye!

Elder Joshua H. Griffin





No comments: