Monday, February 11, 2013

Elder Tyson Griffin: A Week Full of Awesomeness

Alright!

This week was full of awesomeness. We have been traveling a lot with president this week all over the mission doing zone conferences with all the missionaries. They have been super good! On Tuesday we had the monthly zone leader council here in Montevideo and it was good to see how everyone is doing in their zones. Then on Thursday we had a zone conference with two zones Norte and MaroƱas which went super well. Yesterday we went a little further out and had another conference, and my comp Elder Looney and I took the advantage of being out and took the truck further up to a state called Florida ad did divisions with the zone leaders up there last night and stayed the night up there. It was super fun, we all took our mattresses out and slept on the deck of their house, and Florida is clear out in the fields, so there were tons of stars and it was super fun haha.. good times. We got up early this morning and drove back to Montevideo to be back here for our sacred pday:) There are 11 zones in total in the mission- next week we have three more zone conferences with the interior zones that are far away like Melo and 33 and Rocha and stuff (where Ive spent the majority of my  mission) So it'll be a fun little road trip. Its so amazing to see President Armstrong teach all the missionaries. I'm learning so much from him and from his ability to lead such a huge mission- I'm so grateful for this opportunity to observe and learn from him. I feel a lot more able to fulfill with other church callings after being here as an assistant with him, just from being able to work with. Huge blessing! 

So tomorrow is Sunday and we have to get our investigators to church so bad. We are teaching a handful of investigators that are progressing at different rates, some faster than others, but its so amazing how the attendance to church really shows you if they are really interested in the gospel or not. We have a couple discussions tonight, one with one investigator that called Enrique, he is such a good man, really poor and humble, but really sincere and smart as well. We invited a member to come with us tonight that we really feel will be able to help Enrique out, so we are excited for that lesson. I'm sure grateful for all the prayers that are offered for the missionaries all over the world.. cause we sure need it! Its sometimes not as easy as it seems to help people recognize the truth in the gospel. Sometimes its really discouraging to see people that we've grown to love so much choose not to get baptize and turn down such important blessings... but I guess that's what makes us work even harder to find the next person that will listen! I love the mission. If it were easy I wouldn't learn anything haha. 

So mom, my bday package got here WOOO! I haven't opened it yet, and yes I have been tempted- so be proud. I'm exited to open it haha. Today is my comps bday, tomorrow is another elder´s bday that lives in our house, and mine is this week, so today we are all going out with the office elders with president to a restaurant to eat lunch. It'll be sweeeet. Thanks to everyone for all the bday wishes and I hope it keeps snowing until April haha that would be sweet. Be safe in the snow and have an awesome week everyone! HASTA LUEGO.

No comments: