So, this week has been AWESOME! Ah! I love my mission! But it's sad because time is going by so fast! In six weeks.....1/4 done with my mission.....Apa hal? Semua masa di sini sangat aneh dan itu sangat sangat cepat....saya tidak faham, tetapi saya selalu kerja, supaya saya jangan risau; secepat itu selalu okay, saya baik. Okay, enough Malay for now. So, upon weighing myself this week, I made a terrifying discovery.... I've gained 15 lbs since I left home haha but now I just look normal, not super skinny anymore! I look decently fed, but I'm not fat. It's kinda weird, but I think some of it's muscle too, I work out everyday and add 10 lbs to my weights every couple of weeks. Well, this week, we've been visiting a lot of less actives. We had 9 less-active lessons, and they were all really good. It's kind of concerning though....for a lot of them, we re-teach the Restoration, and they sounded like they didn't know much about the Great Apostasy or even Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon.... And it rained a lot. Like everyday, which is pretty awesome!
Well, I got your card! Thank you so much! I love hearing from you guys, and I read it like all the time! I miss all of you, but it's good for me to. I really like hearing from all of you! It's the best!
Not many adventures this week, sadly enough. Like I said a lot of less-active stuff. It's sad if our message doesn't even go into their hearts and they just are superficially converted, because when things get hard or when they get offended they leave and become less active. That's why we have over 100 less-actives and only 50 people at church. But church was good this week! We got 71 people to come! That's what less-active lessons do, but it's all because of the Lord, I know that.
So, we renovated our apartment. We got a new washing machine (so now our clothes won't be drenched), a new fridge, and a new vacuum! We're so blessed here! We don't have a dryer and our place is really run-down, but we cleaned it all and now it's all spick-and-span, so it looks great!
Fun fact: The Singapore Mission used to be a lot cooler. Not only Malaysia, Brunei, and Singapore were in the mission. It included Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Nepal!
So, last thing, we visited a less-active. He was there with some of his friends, and we invited them to learn as we taught, like we do a lot. We taught the Restoration. The Spirit was SO STRONG, it was amazing! It was just a spiritual H-Bomb! Me and my comp were on a Spiritual High, it was great!
Okay, time to answer some questions.
As for the teaching, Mom... I'm still training (last week this week!), and so we don't even leave till about 1:30. Then we either ride bikes for 45 minutes or 25 minutes, depending on if we're going to Donggongon or to Beverly Hills. Nosoob and Kobusak are about 30 minutes, so we teach a lot, but not as much as I want to teach. On P-days, we party! We went bowling last p-day, and I was publicly humiliated..... The new missionary, Elder Putnam, is great! He's so good! He's really funny, and he initiated the cleaning of the apartment which resulted in our new appliances.
Zack, I really want to see the Crucible, good luck! That reminds me of Don't Drink the Water and Antigone...good times-lah!
KK....I'll probably be here for another six weeks if I'm training. Other than that, I don't know if I'll stay. We've had two changes already, and Elder Schuetz is still my comp. for now. Nothing too interesting for food, unfortunately, but we did have blessed french toast! It was sedap! Food from home that I'm craving....nothing, really. I'm all good.
Well, I'm out of time, but all is well! I wanted to send a letter but I didn't pay enough, so I'm sending it today. It's dated like February 12th, so it's off. Well, I gotta go! Love you all! Bye!
Elder Joshua H. Griffin
No comments:
Post a Comment