So, first off, in Singapore:
It was pretty much a ton of fun and really good! We went biking on Pulau Ubin, an island off the coast of Singapore. And, lo and behold, I forgot my camera....dang, well, pics next week I guess. Anywho, on the way to Pulau Ubin, we took a ferry, and we had to pay to use it. I pain this Chinese dude with the only money I had, a 50 Sing note, and he flipped out. He was yelling at me in terrible Chinese-Malay-English, and I couldn't understand a single word. He was freaking out and I just ignored him. I felt like a jerk, but in the end it didn't matter, because he was loaded anyways.
So, on Pulau Ubin, we were biking on all of these trails, and on one of the trials, we found a spider about the size of my hand. Maybe bigger. So, we made a crossbow because we were going to kill it. We fed it a grasshopper, and that was cool. Anyways, so we made the crossbow but then one of the Elders lost it, so the spider got to live another day. But it was HUGE and it was black and yellow and looked really gross. I'm sure its legs were like 4 or 5 inches long, each!
So, Zone Conference. That was all good. We did go to a clinic and the lady there said that I had Pneumonia, but deep deep in my lungs. So the antibiotics eliminated what was there, if it was Pneumonia. And I loved being able to play the piano, it's been a long time. So, we went back to KK and that's where the real story in the letter begins.
So we gave three priesthood blessings. It's weird in Malay. Here's what we have to say:
[Person's full name] oleh wewenang Imamat Melchizedek, kami menyapu kamu dengan minyak suci ini, yang telah dipersucikan untuk memberkati orang yang sakit dan yang menderita. Dalam nama Yesus Kristus, amin.
[Person's full name] oleh wewenang Imamat Melchizedek, kami meletakkan tangan kami di atas kepala engkau dan memeteraikan penyapuan minyak ini....[direct as guided by the Spirit]....dan kami memeteraikan berkat-berkat ini kepada kamu, dalam nama Yesus Kristus, amin.
It's a mouthful! So, Sister Alice, and her son both had food poisoning and the other son wanted a blessing. To pass a test in 2nd grade. In my personal opinion, I didn't really want to give a blessing to help her son get 100% on a spelling test or something like that. But I couldn't really say no, so I did it anyways, but I usually want to preserve blessings for things that seem more important.
So, fun fact of the day:
Malay has 7 different ways to say "you", and each are used only in certain situations: Awak, Kau, Engkau, Kamu, Mu, Kita, and Anda.
And, just to let you know, due to the Malaysian Horror Story, I am going to be transferred, so I have only another week in KK, so my address is going to change. So, Elder Schuetz and I spent all week getting ready to go, and we have been sick all week with our sicknesses (Elder Schuetz got a fever that was 100.8% yesterday), and basically, I don't feel super, but it's all good. Missionary work will resume shortly.
P.S. Yesterday I ate Chicken Noodle soup....it was so good! I realized that I really miss family dinner together and "Sunday Sounds" on the radio. I've listened to all the songs on my i-Pod like 18 times, each haha!
Okay, mom, to answer your questions....
So, my mission president is a really good man. He's awesome and he really is a true servant of God! As for the hospital, I did get a chest x-ray, and they said that I was all good, so the antibiotics eradicated Pneumonia. As for the easiness of breathing, I'm all congested, so I can't answer that now, but don't worry, All is well in Zion!
But, I love you all, even though saya kurang sihat!
Goodbye!
Elder Joshua H. Griffin
No comments:
Post a Comment