Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Elder Joshua Griffin: Tired But Happy!


Apa khabar, keluarga saya?!?! Masa pada MTC pergi BANYAK cepat, jadi saya letih, tetapi gembira saya!
What's happening, family?!?! Time at the MTC goes by WAY fast, so I'm tired, but I'm happy!
 
So there's a lot of big changes going on here. Last week my com., Elder Clive, got called as district leader.  The other Elders in my district got called as ZL's, so I'm pretty much the only Elder in my district without a calling.  I am Senior Comp. now, but I wish that I could do more.  I feel so useless here, but that's probably just Satan being a dork.  As previously stated, it has been kind of a hard week.  One of the comps in our district has to go home.  He has some things that he has to take care of before he can truly serve a mission.  He is an amazing, faithful, courageous Elder.  Last night he came and told us that he was leaving today.  He's been a convert for a year and a half, and he came out to serve a mission.  So he's flying back to New Zealand.  We all met, our zone, and we sang "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" and "Nearer, My God, To Thee".  Of course, it was in the residence halls, so there was like eight guys.  We were all crying and saying goodbye.  It's hard to see him go, because he worked so hard to get here, but he said that he'd be back in the MTC in July, so maybe I'll train him.
 
I saw the Temptress yet again, only three times this week! Waddu!
 
The toilets in Malaysia are way weird!  Let me rephrase that: The pits in the ground that are used for Malaysia's toilets are weird.  Total squatters.  And surprise, surprise, no toilet paper, so guess what I get to wipe with?  Let me just say for the next two years, I'm eating right handed.  That's right.  Using your left hand in Malaysia is super offensive because that's what you use to wipe, unless you have a hose to spray yourself with.  Don't worry, you won't see any pictures of that.  But I'm super excited to go!  I can't wait!  My fifth week in the MTC starts tomorrow!  It's coming closer!
 
So I'm SYL-ing (Speak Your Language) three times a week.  So that means I'm speaking Malay all day, no English allowed.  Today is an SYL day, and so is Thursday, along with Saturday.   So this is pretty much all of the English that I'm going to use today.  And THANK YOU for all of the packages!  I have so much food and candy that I can't even put it anywhere!  Me and all the people in my Zone eat it, but it just keeps appearing!  Way crazy, I know!  But, seriously, thank you so much!  And I can't listen to music in the MTC, so sorry, but thanks for sending that package to me!
 
Time is so weird here!  I didn't even know the presidential election was today!  And I didn't even know Halloween was here until my teacher said "Selamat Halloween Hari!" I t was weird, because we've been so busy that we can't do anything else.  I haven't even had time to get majorly homesick, I'm so busy learning Malay!  I love all of you and Lauren, great job on getting straight A's!  Keep it up! Zack, bro, finish your Eagle, you're so close!  To the little kids, I love you all and miss you a ton!  Mom, and Dad, thank you for everything that you've done for me.  The Lord has definitely humbled me this week.  But I have to go so I can only give you some of the deets.  First off, one of our progressive investigators, Sebastian, flat out refused to get baptized.  So we explained it out again and the he got mad and said no again.  It was all my fault and after he got mad, the Spirit just left, so it sucked.  But Jonles is preparing for baptism on December 2nd, so me and my comp are stoked about that!  I love all of you and I hope that all is well!
 
Semoga berjaya dalam kehidupan!
Elder Joshua H. Griffin

No comments: